PO Box 227
    Aldermoor Lane
    Coventry
    CV3 1LT

June 20, 2001

Re: 206 CC Tyre issue
    Ref: 0108957

Dear Mr Girn

Further to our conversations last week, as requested I am sending you the invoice for the replacement tyre for our new car. For those being copied on this letter, I will take this opportunity to highlight the situation again.

Unfortunately, whilst driving in our new 206 CC, we suffered a puncture. What would normally be a simple matter turned out to be a nightmare in terms of customer service. We bought the car knowing that there was no spare wheel (due to space) and therefore provided the aerosol spray instead. Having consulted the manual, we as directed, injected the first aerosol into the wheel. Appearing to do nothing, we then rang Peugeot Assistance, who insisted that as the car had no spare wheel, that they would not come out and help, unless we paid a call-out fee of around £100. We were not happy with this, and therefore put the second aerosol into the wheel, which managed to keep the tyre sufficiently inflated to drive to a local garage. To our horror and disgust then, we were told that the 3 month old tyre with at least 12 month’s tread left was written off as the aerosol that you yourselves provide destroy the inside of the tyre!

I have four issues:

1. Negligence - I cannot find anywhere any disclaimer that using such provided aerosols will damage tyres and render them useless.

2. Financial - owners should not be expected to pay for expensive replacement tyres due to equipment that you provide that in turn damages vehicles.

3. Peugeot Assistance - what is the point of such a service if they won’t come out and assist your own cars!? They should know there is no spare and should therefore be prepared for such instances.

4. Customer safety - this is by far my biggest concern. In this instance, this was averted as it was daytime and I was with my girlfriend. However, this is her car, and she frequently travels alone at night. I dispair at the thought that she could face the same farcical service that we suffered recently. I am sure Peugeot do not want to be linked to such serious issues as leaving single, young females stranded alone at night, and await a sensible comment from yourselves on this matter.

Whilst I am happy that you are dealing with point 1 above by reimbursing the cost of the tyre, I don’t see any action on points 2 and 3. This effectively means that all CC owners are faced with the same situation if they suffer a puncture, and I believe they should all be made aware of this:

1. drive on the flat tyre and destroy it, and the alloy wheel in the process (cost around £400 approx)

2. inject your provided aerosol and destroy the tyre (cost approx £100)

3. call Peugeot Assistance, who won’t help, but will charge you around £100 for their call out

I must also comment that suggesting that we buy and keep a spare wheel on the back seats (as there is no-where else it can go) of a convertible sports car with red leather is also laughable. Surely, issues such as these are considered at design stage?

It is such a shame that Peugeot have let themselves down badly with this issue. The car itself is beautiful and deserves all the praise it receives throughout the press. The quality of our sales person at the dealership was excellent. The quality of your customer service is totally unacceptable and completely tarnishes our view of your brand. You did indicate however that you were happy that the industry press were made aware of this situation, so I have copied this letter to both magazines and Peugeot specific web-sites so other CC owners are aware of the situation they would encounter. Indeed, from the ‘owners’ sections of both the websites below, it appears I am not the only one who has encountered trouble with Peugeot Customer Relations.

I very much look forward to receiving a cheque for £88 for the tyre, but more importantly, your comments and actions on all aspects of this letter.

**** Name and address removed ****

CC: Managing Director, Peugeot
    David Johns, Editor, Auto Express Magazine
    Editor, www.peugeot206cc.co.uk
    Editor, www.pugsport-gti.co.uk

--
    [center]MfG RK
    www.ccfreun.de

Sieger der SLK-Trophy and Friends 2007
    Vize der SLK-Trophy and Friends 2008
    Sieger der SLK-Trophy and Friends 2009
    Vize der SLK-Trophy and Friends 2010

With other words : Dont use the spray if your tyres are still good in profile, or you have to buy (in germany at least two) new tyres.

Greetings,
    Amue

Kommentar

I`m thinking of buying a small spare wheel. Not very funny this issue.
      --
      [center]MfG RK
      www.ccfreun.de

Sieger der SLK-Trophy and Friends 2007
      Vize der SLK-Trophy and Friends 2008
      Sieger der SLK-Trophy and Friends 2009
      Vize der SLK-Trophy and Friends 2010

Kommentar

@RK:

If you have any offer or pricing, please post a message here.

Thanx,
        Amue

Kommentar

Hi,

as I am sure that this is not a "joke" - has anybody given Peugeot the hint, that according to the german law they can be FULLY charged for this !?

THEY have to make sure,

- that the spray does not increase the damage otherwise THEY have to pay for it

- that their car fully complies with the standards which either make a spare wheel or PROVEN USEABLE Spray necessary !

- that as mentioned in their "Rules and Regulations" their Assistance really has to assist !

On which planet do they live ?

--
          Grüsse von Music

..glücklicher Zeh-Zeh Fahrer...
          Grüsse von Music

Kommentar

Tyres are NOT included in the Assistance program
            --
            Liebe Grüße,
            Birgit

www.roadster-world.de

Kommentar